Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lemon Chiffon

Diane is not bad. Not at all, I would go so far as to say Diane is pretty good. There has been plenty of past tension but tonight, I was happy to talk to her, and happy to hear about her sleep deprivation due caused by not wanting to sleep through a moment of hanging out with this new dude in her life. I was sad when I had to go downstairs.

My day at work was perfect. I felt good, and I kept busy, and it even started great because there, at the bottom of the daily log, in big yellow and green letters, it read "GREAT CLOSE COREY!" as in, I had not only cleaned and prepared the store for the next day adequately, but I did great. I was there a long time, and I worked very hard, but rather merrily, because my heart was still buzzing from the spark that was shot through it when Sid had to go. I was on clouds, and I floated over the closing, it was a very sweaty, jerky, jagged floating though, that involved a spontaneously stopping vacuum.

But I got home, and as I kept almost nodding off to sleep, I though about John. I was tired and lonely and wanted to be at his house, in his room, in his bed, falling asleep wrapped in those smells. But I didn't get to see him until the show, but he was so great in the show. He is great. He was charming and handsome, like a prince, and I was totally taken by him. Girl crushes can be fine and good, but when I think about the Johnman, and what he has done for me, in terms of helping me see and feel my potential, I am giddy with adoration. I am proud to be the girl he can call his. I can only hope that he can feel that way about me.

I don't feel like I have accomplished a lot, but I like the niche I have carved for myself in my neighborhood, at the theater, with my friends, with John, but especially that I feel like I live in this city, I know my way around.

I want to move out, and possibly to Lincoln Square.

I want to move out.

I want to move.

Not right now, now, I want to go to a movie.

No comments: