Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lunch, Coffee, and Denim Couch Memories

We met at the Golden Angel. He showed up. I was expecting him to be a stranger, but his face and his voice were very familiar. I haven't seen him for more than 2 minutes in 3 years. We had a really nice time. He told me about a stack of mix CDs that I had made for him, that he found when he moved back home. We went back to his place so I could see his mom(who wasn't there), and I took pictures of all those CDs, because they were really pretty. I really had an eye for that shit, and I haven't been as good as making those kinds of things, since.

I can report happily, though, that my wounds are all healed. We talked about "us" a little. I told him about how I tend to romanticize our relationship, and he told me that he mostly romanticizes me, as an idea; For him I was wild, and chaos incarnate. He said that I was the alpha-indie kid. That I was doing it before anyone, and while I don't think that's true, for him to say that made me feel good.

It was fine and new and nice to talk but when we went to his house we went to the basement for a brief tour and there they were, the denim couch and love seat where we would sleep for hours. That was my only moment of ache for what we used to have. So all in all, I had a really lovely afternoon.

The only weird that was that I kept saying "Eli" when I meant to say "Spenser" but I think that mostly had to do with the fact that Eli was right in front of me, and I was probably more than a little frazzled.

Anyway, there was absolutely no disappointment. I'm glad it went well.

Also, I haven't had coffee in a while and wham bam it makes me talk fast!

No comments: